Ryan's Word I/O Diary

Words go in: I read them. Words come out: I write them. Input, Output = I/O. Get it? Got it. Get Ryan a gig. I'm serious, now!!

Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

I do a little of everything, and I write about it all.

Friday, August 01, 2008

Just two this week

newuniversal 1959: This one-shot of the early newuniversal world had a distinct feel to it. I hesitate because it's been a long time since I've seen the movie, but it felt like seeing Chinatown. No happy endings, some mind crushing, a fairly intense experience. I think it stands up pretty well to Warren Ellis's project, and that's saying something.

Ultimate Spider-Man 124: I'm not digging this arc. I'm conditioned to love everything Brian Bendis does, but I'm not digging this. As someone who played the game that this is referencing, I'm not getting a whole lot of new information, and the old information feels... less... when it's not presented through interactive media. So I try to read it as though I haven't played the game and know nothing about said game, but then it feels like I don't have enough information period. This arc was supposed to be something of a sequel, a follow-up to where the game ended, and I wish we could get to that already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home