Ryan's Word I/O Diary

Words go in: I read them. Words come out: I write them. Input, Output = I/O. Get it? Got it. Get Ryan a gig. I'm serious, now!!

Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

I do a little of everything, and I write about it all.

Friday, May 09, 2008

An odd tradition

I WORK at a comic book store. I'm surrounded by the things, talk endlessly about them, and what do I do when I get home Thursday nights (or Wednesdays if I'm picking up hours)? I read comics. I am in the late stages of addiction. Anyway...

PS 238 #31: There's a big time-travel themed subplot going through the book right now. This is not the place to quantify my issues with temporal shifts as a storytelling device, so I'll just say I will continue to buy the book for now. Those who've heard my rants know this is to be high praise.


Secret Invasion #2: I feel the need to apologize to the creators and producers of this book for what may be an error in my reading comprehension. Since this series is built around characters who may or may not be shape-shifting aliens that may or may not have been in society for years and are playing mind game inside mind game with someone unless they're an alien unless it's a double bluff and I'm not even sure what I'm saying at this point but it IS in the series... I can't read it as anything but genre parody at this point. I will say that AS genre parody, it's amazing. All the characters you've wanted to see tripping over each other are doing it in ways that any other company would know better than to allow. There are sexual encounters involving brains and they are completely without consent. Plots aren't twisting as much as they are assuming shapes that penetrate nine of the theoretical fifteen dimensions. Screw it all.

Logan 3: Again, logistically, I have no idea what happened here. I may just be tired and not getting it. If I weren't tired I might try and dissect it, but I think instead I'm going to focus on the beauty of the art and a "young" Logan's encounter with something beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home