Ryan's Word I/O Diary

Words go in: I read them. Words come out: I write them. Input, Output = I/O. Get it? Got it. Get Ryan a gig. I'm serious, now!!

Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

I do a little of everything, and I write about it all.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Called in sick

Unlike all the other hiatuses (hiati? hiatorum? rookery of haitus?) I've taken,this time I have excuses! Last Wednesday I was on the toilet trying to keep my innards in. Week before that I was prepping for Wizard World Chicago and as much love as I have for you, I needed to prep for that one. Right, on we go:

Secret Invasion 4: What I loved about the earlier issues was the interaction, the way characters were tripping over each other to determine who was/ wasn’t a Skrull. This has only blasting-related interactions, so I’m less satisfied. I did like that Agent Brand’s getting some positive page time, and I’m still onboard for the series, so there you go.

Powers 29: Just when you think Bendis and Oeming just want to make snuff films out of their properties, they give you something that might just qualify as a happy ending. [spoiler]Seeing Callista wink and proceed to wail ass, well, it wailed ass. I REALLY don’t know how Deena’s cure is going to play into this. It seems a little too perfect but I want to hold off until the fallout settles.[/spoiler] Nothing is safe in this book, but that doesn’t mean everything goes into the shitter. As a sucker for melodrama, I love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home