Ryan's Word I/O Diary

Words go in: I read them. Words come out: I write them. Input, Output = I/O. Get it? Got it. Get Ryan a gig. I'm serious, now!!

Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

I do a little of everything, and I write about it all.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Hallowe'e'en

I read several articles out of the Guardian and Observer today. My previous encounters with British journalism left me wanting on many levels, but I suppose I can chalk that up to reading things like the Sun. The two I read today, those I could easily read regularly. When I get the chance I'll go into more detail, but I'm not in a place to really think much about it right now. I'm outside in the cold sitting indian-style on concrete.

I wrote a new version of the story of Hope for bloc today. This one I used Blake Snyder's beat-sheet template to build a structure for, and I think it helped out a lot. My first attempt set up the setting, the character, and the tragedy like I wanted, but it didn't have a lot that actually happened. I think this will do a better job of drawing a reader's interest. That is, once I edit and smooth things out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home