Ryan's Word I/O Diary

Words go in: I read them. Words come out: I write them. Input, Output = I/O. Get it? Got it. Get Ryan a gig. I'm serious, now!!

Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

I do a little of everything, and I write about it all.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Wednesday's business

I've written a rough draft of my next assignment for Derrek Hines' class: in two pages convince an island nation to let you build a naval base for a war they're not involved in. I am going to not think about it for a few days, then attack with with a word lion to make it work structurally. There are many avenues available for me to write the way I want, otherwise I'd complain about feeling confined by the new emphasis on structure. The truth is if I can fully incorporate the elements of structure into my style, I should be able to write around it so that readers won't notice. This is what I'm telling myself so I don't feel like I'm selling out.

Continuing to pick my way through 1000 Faces. I'd like to have it finished this weekend so I can loan it out. The book's good, I'd actually like the chance to talk over it a bit in class, but so far that's a no go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home